Yesterday Nintendo held a Super Smash Bros’ themed Direct that revealed a number of interesting new facts surrounding the forth coming 3DS and Wii U games. All the major ones can be found below.
- Smash Bros. 3DS and Smash Bros. Wii U to be released separately with the 3DS game hitting shop shelves this summer, while Wii U owners will have to play the waiting game until this Winter.
- The roster will be identical in both the Wii U and 3DS games.
- Many stages will differ between versions.
- 3DS owners will have access to an exclusive mode dubbed Smash Run.
- Both Wii U and 3DS versions of the game will feature two online modes dubbed, “For Fun” and “For Glory”. One will record only your wins while the other records everything.
- All online matches will be played with your Nintendo Network ID.
Nintendo promised to deal with any players who play dirty or frequently disconnect.
- One new brawler was announced in the form of Pokemon X and Y’s water starter Greninja while it was confirmed that Charizard, Zero Suit Samus and Sheik will become independent characters instead of mere alternate forms.